The paper presents the concept of vital cities in the context of mechanisms of sustainable development, networking and creativity. The vital city was presented as:
- a city belonging to the inhabitants – a city managed and developed with advanced processes of participation,
- a city of reasonable management – a city that uses and at the same time protects its key potentials,
- a city of creation – a city of creating and implementing new ideas,
- a city of opportunities – a city that creates the conditions for the use of energy and creativity residents,
- a city in the surround – a city with a strong position in the environment.